The Hotel is in the Vialattea international skiing area, which has 249 pistes, which can all be reached on skis, and 70 lifts. It ranges from 1380 to 2800 metres above sea level. The facilities for skiing and the 400 km of pistes of every level of difficulty make it an ideal destination for ski-lovers. There is a shuttle service to and from the Hotel while the pistes are open (about 500 m and a journey-time of 3 minutes) and to the shopping centre. Free ski-deposit and private locker available at the pistes.
Cesana Torinese is about 90 km from Turin and 10 km from the French border. It is at the foot of Mount Chaberton 1354 metres above sea level in the Upper Susa Valley and was one of the towns selected to host competitions during the 2006 Turin Winter Olympics. The old town consists of an earlier area of houses grouped around the parish church and a second group winding along the pedestrian thoroughfares lined with 19th century buildings and shops. Cesana Torinese dates back to Mediaeval times and signs of the history and art, as well as of the cultural traditions and craftsmanship that have been handed down can be found throughout the towns and villages of the surrounding area. Cesana Torinese is also the starting point for a series of excursions to enjoy the great natural beauty of the mountains and the rich culture and history of the mediaeval towns and villages, among which Bousson and Thures are not to be missed.
BRIANÇON & THE CASINO 25 km - Full-day trip
At 1.325 metres above sea level it is the second-highest town in Europe and is one of the most beautiful resorts to visit along all of the North-facing Alps. Built at the confluence of the Guisane and Cerveyrette river valleys, its enchanting historic town centre is full of small workshops and boutiques, while the mediaeval town wall makes it look like a fortress. The very popular casino in Briançon has slot machines and gaming tables, as well as a bar and restaurant, permitting an evening's entertainment in the hands of lady luck!
GRAN BOSCO DI SALBERTRAND NATURAL PARK 30 km - Half-day trip
The Gran Bosco di Salbertrand Natural Park covers an area of 3775 hectares, rising from the valley floor at 1000m a.s.l. to the 2600m of the watershed with Val Chisone and includes the districts of Chiomonte, Exilles, Oulx, Salbertrand, Sauze d'Oulx, Pragelato and Usseaux. It was created in 1980 to protect the rich vegetation, being 70% woodland with the remaining 30% consisting of pasture and high altitude meadows. The more than 600 species of plants recorded give rise to a rich variety of environments and fauna. There are 70 species of nesting birds and 21 species of mammal, including deer, roedeer and chamois. The Park can be visited with expert guides for both easier itineraries and those for the more experienced. The Ecomuseo is a long, enjoyable discovery-trail which lies between the town of Salbertrand and the protected area of the Park. As well as testifying to the memory of historic events, local traditions and the development of the area, it is also a valuable tool for research.
FENESTRELLE FORT 33 km - Half-day trip
Fenestrelle fort is the largest fortified structure in Europe and is the most extensive walled construction after the Great Wall of China. The gigantic stonework extends for around five kilometres in the Chisone valley and covers a difference in height of almost 700 metres. It includes three forts, three redoubts and two batteries connected by a covered stairway of 4000 steps. Since 1999 it has been the symbol of the Province of Turin and, in 2007, was added to the World Monuments Fund's list of the 100 most-endangered historical and archaeological sites of world importance.
TOURIN 91 km - Full-day trip
Turin is a very elegant city with majestic architecture which hosted the 2006 Winter Olympics. The Mole Antonelliana monument is the symbol of the city and today holds the National film museum, the most important in Europe. Walking along the wide streets until you reach the river Po, it is possible to admire stately buildings, galleries and important churches, including – the Royal Palace, the 15th-century Renaissance St. John the Baptist Cathedral, where the Shroud of Turin is kept, The Egyptian Museum (the second largest in the world after Cairo), The Sabauda Gallery (with a noteable collection of paintings), the Palazzo Carignano (the Italian Parliament building designed by Guarini) and the imposing Palazzo Madama. The city offers many opportunities for shopping and leisure – well-known labels can be found in the luxurious shops of Via Roma with its wide range of bookshops, antique shops, shoe shops, wine merchants, delicatessens and historic chocolatiers where the typical gianduiotti can be bought. One of the most famous markets is held at Porta Palazzo, which is very near to the historic flea market, “il Balon”.